Employee safety education, training and professional development are critical investments in human capital that help promote an agile and engaged workforce and support the continuity of our business. We actively serve as a trusted resource to our customers and local governments, and work to build stronger communities through active participation and by providing a solid water delivery framework that drives economic stability, prosperity and quality of life.
Recent Social Highlights
- Risk management and cyber security training provided to all employees. On-going workplace health and safety training programs and policies help reduce occupational injury and illness.(3)
- Succession planning strategies have been developed for key leadership positions.
- Formal policies and related training help to ensure a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment (5)
- Access to a variety of benefits supports employee physical and mental health and well-being (3)
- Implemented Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee survey and video town hall meetings (5)
- Board of Directors and Executive management are comprised of 38% women (5)
- Donated nearly $100,000 to restock local food banks during the COVID-19 pandemic. Presenting Sponsor of the NJ local Bowl for Hunger initiative, which raises funds for local food pantries, for over a decade. (2)
- Participating employer in the Apprenticeship USA Program, National Rural Water Association in both New Jersey and Delaware to train and license water and wastewater operators.(8)
- Middlesex named to the list of 2020 Top Workplaces based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey which measures 15 drivers of engaged cultures, including alignment, execution and connection. Tidewater Utilities named a 2020 Superstar in Business by the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce. (8)
- Supportive work environment and numerous professional development opportunities supports employee engagement and satisfaction. (8)
- Commitment to infrastructure investment provides jobs and enhancing the water delivery framework supports a reliable water supply essential to economic stability.(8,11)