Over a century of knowledge, experience and quality service…
Incorporated as a water utility in 1897, Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ:MSEX) provides a full range of regulated and non-regulated water, wastewater utility and related services in parts of New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania. Middlesex Water engages in collecting, treating, distributing and selling water for domestic, commercial, municipal, industrial and fire protection purposes.
A Family of Companies Dedicated to
Quality Water and Wastewater Service
Middlesex Water Company owns and operates regulated water utility and wastewater systems in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania. The Company also operates water and wastewater systems under contract on behalf of municipal and private clients in New Jersey and Delaware. Middlesex Water has grown from a single water utility to an enterprise with distinct business operating units meeting a full range of residential, commercial, and municipal water and wastewater needs.
Through our affiliated companies we are delivering technical and management capabilities that creatively address challenges such as aging infrastructure and increasing regulatory pressures faced by municipalities, developers and small system owners. The company’s subsidiaries include Tidewater Utilities, Inc., Pinelands Water Company, Pinelands Wastewater Company, Twin Lakes Utilities, Inc., Utility Service Affiliates, Inc., Utility Service Affiliates (Perth Amboy) Inc., Utility Service Affiliates – Avalon and Tidewater Environmental Systems, Inc. Tidewater’s wholly-owned subsidiaries include Southern Shores Water Company, LLC and White Marsh Environmental Systems, Inc.
The Company has two overall business segments:
- Regulated: The regulated business involves collecting, treating and distributing water on a retail and wholesale basis to residential, commercial, industrial and fire protection customers in parts of New Jersey and Delaware. This segment also includes regulated wastewater systems in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Non-Regulated: Non-regulated contract services includes the operation and maintenance of municipal and private water and wastewater systems in New Jersey and Delaware.
Creating Opportunities Through Full Service Solutions
The Middlesex Water family of companies has built a strong reputation for delivering value for our clients through sound, technical water and wastewater solutions. Our reputation as an honest and ethical problem solver is growing and we’d like to put our expertise to work for you. Middlesex Water, with over a century of utility management and operations experience, offers municipalities, developers and small system owners a comprehensive suite of water and wastewater solutions.
We offer a solid and disciplined approach to water- and wastewater-related services management that is rooted in experience, a commitment to quality and integrity.
Experience – Since 1897, we’ve built a reputation as an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions. This reputation is backed by a solid financial and managerial network that provide the capital investment and institutional knowledge necessary for successful project completion.
Quality – Our dedicated professionals, skilled in technical, operational and regulatory matters, are passionate about their work and committed to delivering service that meets our residential and commercial customers’ highest standards.
Integrity – As our professional capabilities have grown, so has our reputation for delivering practical and effective solutions. Our relationships with our customers, shareholders and employees are based on trust, mutual respect and transparency. We partner with municipalities and developers to design local, cost-effective solutions that uniquely address their needs.
Have questions about how to manage your water system more efficiently? Whether you represent a municipality, developer or small system, we can offer practical assistance in day-to-day administration and system operations. Whether it’s providing a plentiful and reliable supply of safe drinking water or managing wastewater efficiently, we can provide the resources, local knowledge and a total management solution that is economically, operationally and environmentally sound.
Our comprehensive range of services include:
- Water Production, Treatment and Distribution
- Full Service Municipal Contract Operations
- Design/Build/Own/Operate System Assets
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Wastewater Collection and Treatment
- Water and Wastewater System Maintenance
- Water and Sewer Line Maintenance Programs (through a third party vendor)
Our professional staff of engineers, state-licensed operators and water quality professionals have been recognized for outstanding service to the industry on state and national levels and are regarded as experts in their fields. As new regulations require greater levels of compliance, contract operations agreements may offer our clients peace of mind. Our professional capabilities encompass three distinct segments:
- Ownership, operation and maintenance of water or wastewater systems for developers, communities and state and federal government agencies
- Public/private partnerships
- Design, build, finance or any combination thereof
Water and Wastewater Contract Services
- Full service water and wastewater contract operation services
- Private developer or community-owned systems
- Government, county or municipally-owned systems
- Public/private partnerships
- Water and wastewater system maintenance or related services
- Water and wastewater system capital improvements
- Project management services
- Preventative maintenance programs
As water and wastewater system owners face an increasing need for essential capital improvements driven by new regulatory requirements, acquisition by Middlesex Water Company offers the following benefits:
- Stable rates regulated by each state’s utility commission
- Financial stability with more than a century of experience
- Regulatory compliance
- Responsive customer service
- Professional local, licensed and established support staff
- Peace of mind due to complete relief of responsibility for operations, maintenance and capital improvement of your existing and future water or wastewater system
Contact us to learn how we can meet your needs to deliver water and wastewater solutions that make sense.
In New Jersey and nationwide, call: 732-634-1500 or email [email protected]
At Middlesex Water Company, we recognize that we are responsible to our customers, shareholders and employees. We provide a vital service that supports quality of life and the framework for strong economic development. We also understand that investing in the communities we serve helps us fulfill our business strategy and protects the long-term sustainability of the company.
Employees of the Middlesex Water family of companies are actively involved in the companies’ service areas and in their own communities. Through our support of youth education, health and safety, environmental awareness and economic development efforts, we strive to improve the quality of life for our employees, our customers and the communities we serve. We value our role as a good corporate neighbor and are proud of our long history of community involvement through volunteerism, financial support, outreach initiatives and our bottled water donation program.
We care about the communities we serve and strive to balance our financial, environmental and social responsibilities in a prudent manner while delivering consistently strong shareholder returns.
We invest in our communities through a number of initiatives:
We choose to focus our resources and provide strategic investments in initiatives that are closely aligned with our business philosophy and values. Our areas of focus include youth education, health & wellness, fire safety and environmental education.
Employees are regularly involved in outreach to schools and organizations, charity food and holiday gift drives, home improvement projects and other community building activities. In addition, many employees generously donate their time, talent and resources in serving on local boards and organizations.
Bottled Water Program
We provide a limited supply of bottled water to local organizations for special community events. Requests must meet certain criteria.
For more information or to submit a request for any of the above:
In New Jersey, please call (732) 634-1500 ext. 1221 or e-mail [email protected].
In Delaware, please call (877) 720-9272 ext. 1001 or e-mail [email protected].